Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Budget Thought for 2010

   I'm planning a stock up mission to the commissary with coupons tomorrow! Heading into 2010, I thought it would be wise to stock up on non perishable items I'd have a hard time paying full price for if I ran out. Included on my list are:

Paper Towels
Toilet Paper
Garbage Bags
Wax Paper, parchment paper
sandwich, freezer, and storage bags
cat litter
health and beauty aids

I also thought I'd supplement my freezer with meats, vegetables, and fish items that I can plan meals around. Ground beef, chicken breasts, whole chickens, sausage, hot dogs, pork chops, roasts, steaks. I'm figuring on having about $250 worth of overage to work with, so I'm budgeting like this:

100 razors x 65 cents each (including surcharge) = $65.00
100 $3 off any disposable razor coupons = $300.00
Leaves me with $235.00 in overage to spend unless Fur Fighters are in stock. Fur fighters run $2.81 each with surcharge and I have $4 coupons. So I have $1.19 in overage for each one I find.

If I spend $20 on paper towels, $20 on toilet paper, $20 on the wax and parchemnt paper, bags, then $20 in cat litter, I still have $155.00 to spend on health and beauty aids and meat.

I'll need to clean out and organize my freezers before I leave so I have room for everything! I also repackage meats in freezer paper and freezer bags to save space before butting in my freezer.

Now, if I have coupons for the various items I'm going to be stockpiling, I can get more!

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to make a gentle transition from processed foods to purchasing more single ingredient items, so I know exactly what I'm putting into the meals I prepare. Bye bye chemicals!

No comments:

Post a Comment