Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Yes, I'm Dragging My Feet!

Have you ever stumbled onto a good thing and shared it with others? Then, those you were nice enough to share it with either dumped you completely, laughed in your face, or made disparaging remarks about your find? I've experienced all of it.

Fortunately for me, my mother gets the whole coupon thing! Our last trip to the commissary ran $318 before coupons, -$6.85 after coupons. They paid us! We gave that money to the bagger for bagging our groceries and wheeling them out to the car. So, what did we get? We purchased all of the items we needed for Christmas Eve, Day meals and treats, some other staples, as well as a big steak dinner! We had to haul home 82 packages of razors and 12 Fur Fighters to make it happen, but we did it! I think I'll keep a bag of the razors in the back of my car to donate.

I also happened to purchase two packages of Andies Mints and will send the receipt and UPCs off for a coupon for a FREE package!

I plan on sitting down with my parents and David to come up with a menu for the month of January. This will guide my shopping trips. We have $100 a week budgeted for food. I'd like to keep my food budget in the negative, put that extra $400 aside, and spend a week in Akumal this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment