Saturday, January 16, 2010

More than Enough?

   Dave Ramsey has a book out titled More than Enough. It makes me wonder "how much do I need?"

   Tough question. While I often joke about gluttony, there is a fine line between shopping the way I do and out right gluttony.

SO how much do I need?

I reorganized my pantry, freezers, storeroom, even household cleaners, bathrooms, refrigerators, and spice cabinet. Yes, refrigerator is supposed to be plural.

I tossed out items that were expired, loaded a box of unexpired items I KNOW we would never use. I cleaned and organized. I even made an inventory.

Do I really want to clutter things again after my hard work?

No. So I'm determined to use http://www.allrecipes.com/, enter ingredients I have on hand, and create menus from that.

Any perishables I need during this time, I willo get using overage coupons.

At the end of December 2010, if I've succeeded, then I will take the $400 per month we have budgeted for food, and I will book a GREAT family vacation with it.

Thank you coupons. I'm inspired and excited to see if I can do this for a whole year. I've managed two weeks so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment